1 cup almonds (raw)
1/2 cup golden flaxmeal (ground)
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup creamy nut or seed butter
1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt (I like course ground)
1 cup hemp seeds
1/2 cup coconut oil or ghee
1 tablespoon raw local honey
1 tablespoon vanilla
- Place, almonds, ground flax meal, shredded coconut, nut/seed butter and salt in food processor.
- Pulse briefly, about 10 seconds
- Place into mixing bowl and add hemp seeds.
- In small sauce pan melt the coconut oil/ghee, stir in stevia, honey and vanilla into it.
- Combine wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients
- Press mixture into an 8 x 8 glass baking dish
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour until mixture hardens
1 4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate bar
3/4 cup almond milk
2 squirts vanilla flavored stevia
1/4 cup powdered peanut butter
- In double boiler place the chocolate bar and almond milk together to melt
- Once melted using a whisk add the stevia, peanut butter and vanilla flavored stevia
- Pour topping and spread over cooled bar mixture
- Place back in refrigerator until topping hardens
- Remove from refrigerator and cut into bars and serve
Makes 20 bars
I love these bars! I have made them several times now and I find them very sustaining. You can not over eat them as they are so dense and filling. I change the flavors by changing what kind of nut/seed butter I use. You can leave out the powdered peanut butter from the topping if you want. I have added dried cherries to the bar part of my last batch and added cherry flavoring in the topping. Yum!
This is a very simple recipe that looks complicated on the surface. Enjoy!